The Best Bike Saddles of 2017September 22, 2017 4:41 am Leave your thoughts
If you’re a serious rider, it’s likely that eventually you’ll get a custom saddle for your bike. Long-term riding on a standard non-custom saddle can get tiresome quickly, as it’s not meant to fit your sitz bone (the part of the pelvis where your butt and legs meet), but is instead designed for an average sitz bone, which means it probably doesn’t fit anyone just right.
A bad saddle fit can negatively affect your riding experience more than just about any other bicycle parts in Boca Raton, FL. So make sure to go to a bike part shop and get measured so you can get a custom fit. Without further ado, here are our five favorite bike saddles of 2017:
- Specialized Phenom Expert: All the saddles on this lest are excellent, but the Specialized Phenom Expert takes first place because it’s simply better for more types of riding than all the other saddles listed. It’s made for long touring races, which means it stays comfortable all day. Unlike some of the other saddles on this list, though, this saddle is as good for trail riding as for road riding. The Specialized Phenom Expert is universally loved.
- Fabric Scoop: The next saddle is also quite well designed; however, it lacks the road/trail versatility of the Specialized Phenom Expert. This is without a doubt one of the best saddles you can buy for road biking, but it just doesn’t quite perform at the same level as the Specialized Phenom Expert on trails, though it’s still a very workable solution. This saddle is among the lightest weight of all the saddles on the list, which makes it an excellent choice if you are a racer.
- Fizik Monte Manganese: Like the Fabric Scoop, the Fizik Monte Manganese is something of a specialized saddle. It does everything well, but it really shines during trail and mountain biking. It really absorbs the strain of the trail, and protects you from discomfort. It’s a bit heavier than the other saddles, so it’s not the best racing saddle, but you won’t find a more comfortable saddle for trail riding.
- Fizik Antares: Another Fizik model, this one functions very similarly to the Monte Manganese, though it is a little more versatile than the Manganese, as it is much lighter. That versatility comes at an additional cost, however. This saddle is excellent for both road and mountain biking, but probably better for mountain biking.
- WTB Speed Comp: Dollar-for-dollar, this is the best saddle on the market. It’s tough, comfortable, good for road or trail use and less than half the price of all the other saddles on this list. Its one drawback is its weight, which is only really an issue if you’re racing. For anyone just getting into biking who’s looking for their first saddle, you can’t go wrong with the WTB Speed Comp.
If you’re looking for a bike saddle, or for any bike parts in Boca Raton, FL, check us out at Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls. We’ve been in business for over 30 years, and in that time, we’ve helped a lot of riders, both new and experienced, get the correct bike parts for their needs. We can outfit you with the best bike saddle for your needs, one that fits perfectly and will hold up for years.
Categorised in: Bike Parts
This post was written by admin