The Top Reasons to Convert Your BikeNovember 3, 2020 9:30 pm Leave your thoughts
Electric bicycles (or e-bikes) have been becoming much more popular in recent years, and the growth in that market does not appear to be slowing down at all. But did you know that you don’t have to go out and purchase a new bike to get in on the craze? That’s right—you can convert an existing bike to being an e-bike in Boca Raton, FL, and it’s not even that complicated to accomplish.
An e-bike is a bike that features a battery-powered motor that provides assistance for pedaling, making cycling a bit less strenuous, particularly in difficult conditions like wind and hills. The battery pack can be recharged, and the motor is attached to either wheel. You’ll still need to pedal to make the bike work (for most types of e-bikes), but it gives you just a little bit of a boost to your power output during pedaling.
Here are just a few reasons why you should convert your bike to electric, and some of the benefits of converting to an electric bike:
- Save money: It’s much less expensive to convert an existing bike rather than purchase an entirely new e-bike. New e-bikes could cost you thousands of dollars, whereas you can likely convert a bike for just a few hundred dollars, depending on your desired wattage output and the features you’re looking for. If you want to get a more fully-fledged e-bike someday, this is also a great way to test out the technology without putting down a huge investment.
- Cut down your carbon footprint: E-bikes don’t use gasoline, so you’re able to get some powered transportation without having to use cars or public transit, cutting down your total transportation-related carbon footprint. You might find it easier or more comfortable to commute to work each day on a bike if you don’t have to put as much effort into the hills or other difficult conditions in your area.
- Reuse existing bicycles: There are a lot of bikes out there that are just sitting in sheds or garages and not getting used. You can either upgrade one of your own, or find one at a garage sale or flea market and transform it into the e-bike of your dreams. This prevents that bike from going and sitting in a landfill, cutting down on waste and benefiting the environment.
- Greater enjoyment: For some people, e-bikes make cycling much more enjoyable. Not everyone gets on a bike for exercise—some do it just to enjoy being outside, or to see the sights of their neighborhood. Using an e-bike will prevent you from getting as sweaty as you would with a regular bike, and can add to some of the enjoyment you get out of your neighborhood rides.
- Exercise benefits: That being said, you can still get some great exercise benefits out of using an e-bike. Studies show e-bikes still deliver the same health benefits as regular biking, including greater cardiovascular health, stronger bones and reduced blood pressure.
For more information about why you should convert your bike to electric, contact our mobile bike repair shop in Boca Raton, FL.
Categorised in: Bike Conversion
This post was written by Writer