Advice from Your Bike Repair Service in Boca Raton, FL: Seven Ways to Incorporate Biking Into Your Everyday LifeJanuary 15, 2016 8:19 am Leave your thoughts
As a bike repair service in Boca Raton, FL, we know that this area is full of avid and enthusiastic bikers. But whether you are just starting to get back into biking or you have long enjoyed it as a hobby, it can sometimes be difficult to find a way to fit biking into your overall daily schedule. After all, with work, family obligations and a social life, finding time for any of life’s simple pleasures can be a challenge for any adult. But once you start looking for little ways to work biking into your everyday life, you will see that the rewards are definitely worth the effort:
- Bike to work: Many people find excuses not to bike to work, whether it is because they don’t like feeling sweaty during the day or it’s simply too much of an inconvenience. But if you start small and make it a goal to bike to work just once a week, you will soon find yourself looking forward to the respite from rush hour traffic.
- Do a crawl: Whether you are hitting local coffee shops, breweries, friends’ homes, or even bike shops, a crawl is a fun, interactive way to get a big group of friends excited about biking together. Once you get some momentum going, you can even make it a monthly event.
- Join a group: It’s easy to find a biking group: just look online, browse local community bulletin boards, ask a friend who’s into biking or even ask your local bike repair service in Boca Raton, FL.
- Add a basket: Once you add a basket, box or some other form of handy storage on your bike, it transforms from a recreational or exercise vehicle into a practical and healthy way to run local errands.
- Get your kids involved: When was the last time you did something with your whole family that didn’t involve screens or spending money? Whether you have little ones just learning to ride with training wheels or teenagers with their own adult bikes, turning your bike hobby into a family activity is a great way to kill two birds with one stone.
- Invest in a tandem: A tandem bike might be a little bit corny, but it’s also a truly fun way to get some exercise and spend time with your significant other, whether they are a spouse of several decades or a new flame. If they turn out to love biking as much as you do, you’ll know you have met your match.
- Set goals: With many things in life, sometimes you need to incentivize things a little in order to achieve anything. Grab your calendar, set some goals and include rewards for yourself—such as a nifty new bike part or accessory, for example—when you meet them.
If you are looking for a diverse community of bikers and experienced biking experts, please call or contact Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls, your local bike repair service in Boca Raton, FL.
Categorised in: Bike Repair
This post was written by admin