Tricycles are not only for children—really, just about anyone can ride a three-wheel bicycle! But looking at things on a grander scale, these convenient contraptions are good, safer options for the elderly, individuals with disabilities and people who might be nervous riding a traditional two-wheel bike. From independence to physical activity and feeling safe, trikes can improve a person’s quality of life in countless ways.
Between regular wipe downs, at-home maintenance, proper storage and taking it in for routine bicycle repair in Boca Raton, FL, when you take good care of your three-wheel bike, there’s a good chance you will not have to replace it anytime soon. Interested in owning an adult trike? Here are a few benefits of riding and owning one:
- Stable riding: Thanks to an extra wheel, the riding stability of a three-wheel bicycle is greater than any two-wheel bike. This means you will remain balanced throughout your ride and while you’re stopped. But for your tricycle to be stable, you cannot ride it like a racing bike, nor should you fly over speed bumps or off square curbs or slam on the brakes for fun. Pedal it as you would a traditional two-wheel bicycle with the ease of knowing you are less likely to fall.
- Comfort level: It’s typical for upright trikes to be fitted with larger seats, which is a big selling point for the elderly and those living with physical limitations. Because it allows for greater weight distribution, sitting on a larger, wider padded seat allows you to ride for long periods of time without pain or discomfort. There’s also a selection of recumbent models—bicycles that situate the rider in a reclining position when pedaling—that offer back support for individuals who suffer from back or neck pain.
- Carries things: Just about every three-wheel bicycle comes equipped with a sizable basket on the back. Now you can be eco-friendly by biking to the grocery store or dropping a package off at the post office, or pack a picnic and head down to a local park.
- Lasts a long time: To pull you and haul things, an adult-size trike is manufactured with a heavy-duty frame and sturdy components. But while they are built to be tough, you must do your part to keep them going strong for years to come. Don’t race three-wheel bikes, check for issues often and take it in for bicycle repair in Boca Raton, FL if it’s not riding correctly.
- Have fun exercising: Not only are tricycles fun for children learning how to ride, but adults can also experience a similar enjoyment with an adult three-wheel bicycle. Who says being an adult has to be all work and no play? When exercising is less strenuous, you’ll have a fun time doing it and want to bike for exercise more often.
When you need bicycle repair in Boca Raton, FL, contact the team at Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls. Because we are also a mobile bike service, we come to you, or you can call to schedule an appointment to bring your bicycle into our shop.
Categorised in: Bike Repair
This post was written by admin