It’s said that simply moving is good for your physical and emotional health. But the key to making exercise fun is to choose an activity you enjoy so you do it everyday like clockwork. Biking, for example, is a fantastic form of year-round exercise that has a lot to offer, but many people avoid it, either because they don’t own a bike or because theirs is in need of bicycle repair in Boca Raton, FL.
Get started on your way to a healthier you today—rent, buy or repair your bike to take advantage of the following six health benefits of riding your bicycle during the fall season, and all year long:
- Stronger muscles and better tone: Riding a bicycle is considered an overall physical workout that both tones and strengthens your entire body; it’s not just a workout for your legs. As you continue your biking routine, you’ll notice your muscles increasing in flexibility, especially if you add intensity like riding uphill or adjusting the gears while in motion.
- Weight loss: If your goal is to burn calories, then biking may be for you. It’s an excellent exercise for working the muscles in your thighs and backside, and regular rides help you to maintain your form once you reach your weight loss goal. Whether you cycle fast or slow, it’s important that you don’t stress yourself to the point of becoming discouraged.
- Increased energy: Many people today are lacking the energy to do even the simplest tasks, let alone perform well at a job. Jump on your bicycle to give yourself a boost of much-needed energy, as well as to get your blood flowing properly again.
- Good for the heart: Cardiovascular health gets more important as we age. Therefore, biking is a form of exercise for anyone who wishes to maintain healthy heart function and proper blood flow. If you’ve been waiting to make that final necessary bicycle repair in Boca Raton, FL to your personal bike, do it now so you too can take advantage of its heart healthy benefits.
- Pain management: As strange as it may sound, bicycling actually alleviates pain. Biking is an exercise that’s an accepted pain-reduction strategy that can release built-up physical and mental issues—including tension, stress, lethargy and all sorts of pains—to enhance your overall wellbeing.
- Meet new people: When you bike in the same neighborhoods, trails and parks, you are likely to run into the same people everyday. This makes for a great opportunity to make new friends, or even find a new riding buddy to keep you going strong and interested in bicycling for your health.
Although it’s fall, and winter is not too far behind, the sun is still shining bright and keeping us warm here in Florida. This is all the more reason to continue going on daily bike rides. Don’t own a bicycle? No problem! Whether you want to buy a new-to-you bike or are just looking to rent one for the day, contact Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls for a great selection of bicycles, replacement parts and bicycle repair in Boca Raton, FL.
Categorised in: Bike Repair
This post was written by admin