Spring is almost here! Soon, the cooler winter weather will be replaced by the bright, shining sun and warmer temperatures. But nothing can ruin the joy of a beautiful spring morning more than finding yourself stuck in traffic during your daily commute to work. Why not embrace the pleasant weather by opting to bike instead of driving? The mild conditions make this season the perfect time to trade in those four wheels for two. Biking is not only a great way to enjoy the spring season—it can also cut down on gas costs and even improve your overall health.
Let’s take a look at a few of the reasons why many drivers are opting to bike instead of drive:
- Reduce costs: The average American spent nearly $2,000 on gasoline last year. Add in vehicle maintenance, repairs, insurance and paid parking and the cost of driving begins to skyrocket quickly. Purchasing, maintaining and riding a new bike will hardly cost even a fraction of the price of driving. The total is still significantly lower when adding in the expense of bike repair in Boca Raton, FL. Expect to save at least $1,500 annually by making this switch.
- Cancel your gym memberships: Biking outside will always beat out running on the treadmill or using the elliptical machine inside a crowded gym. Cycling can burn up to 400 calories in one hour. Medical studies have shown that incorporating biking into a daily routine can reduce blood pressure, improve mood, reduce stress and improve the overall cardiovascular system.
- Reduce commute time: Sitting in traffic for an hour is a surefire way to start the morning off on the wrong foot. Cyclists are able to avoid traffic and cruise right past sitting vehicles. Plus, there’s no problem finding a free parking spot at the nearest bike rack. This way, you’ll never have to worry about being late to work again.
- Boost happiness: Did you know that biking to work can actually boost your overall happiness? Sitting in traffic or being crammed into public transit can boost stress levels and decrease overall health. Cycling to work outside each day will transform the daily commute from a dreaded task to a treasured form of therapy. The regular exposure to sunlight has the added benefit of improving overall mood and boosting self-confidence.
- Environmentally friendly: The millions of cars on the road each year are incredibly detrimental to the environment. Harmful exhaust from a car releases chemicals into the air, which contribute to global warming and even threatens human health when inhaled. A lone commuter driving to work each day releases approximately 1.2 pounds of carbon dioxide each year. Making the switch to biking is a simple way to reduce your impact.
Ready to make the switch from commuting by car to bike? Let the experts at Bicycle Doctor Inc. help by equipping you with a new ride or helping you out with bike repair in Boca Raton, FL. Stop by today to start getting your bike ready for riding!
Categorised in: Bike Repair
This post was written by Writer