Building and maintaining a bicycle is a deceptively simple task. While it may seem like building your new bike is as easy as reading through a brief instruction manual and tightening a couple of screws, the act of building a bicycle is actually much more complex than that. It’s important to recognize the challenges associated with bike assembly and maintenance to ensure that you’re not damaging your bicycle.
If you’re struggling to assemble or maintain your bicycle, you should reach out for professional assistance from a bike repair shop in Boca Raton, FL. Working with a professional bicycle repair specialist can ensure that you don’t damage your bike, and will help you keep it running in tip-top shape.
There are a number of common mistakes made when building a bicycle for the first time. Here are a few common errors made by new cyclists:
- Backward forks: One of the most common mistakes bicyclists make when assembling their cycle is installing the forks backward. Flipped forks make it more difficult to handle the bicycle, and also reduce its longevity. It’s an all too common mistake—forks look nearly identical, regardless of their positioning.
- Incorrect handlebars: Getting the handlebars situated just right can be a real challenge. Often, people don’t enjoy riding their bike because the handlebars are positioned incorrectly. To remedy this situation, you should consult with a bike repair specialist, who can help you identify the right position for your body shape.
- Tilted saddles: The saddle of your bike should always be level and even. If it’s not, there’s a good chance that your bike isn’t going to be functioning the way it ought to, which means that you’re in for a very uncomfortable ride.
- Too much tire pressure: Another common mistake novice cyclists make when assembling their bikes is overinflating the tires. Too much pressure, however, will make your tires more likely to pop and will put unnecessary strain on your bike’s suspension system.
- Improperly positioned brake levers: If you can’t immediately reach your bike’s brake levers, you should adjust them as soon as possible. Especially with mountain bikes, it’s far too easy to place the brakes in a place that’s nearly unreachable.
- Overzealous chain lubing: Everyone knows that a bicycle chain needs to be lubricated with some regularity. Adding too much lubricant to your chain, however, can be just as damaging as not adding any lubricant at all! You should add just one drop per chain link.
Since 1972, Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls has been the premier bike repair shop in Boca Raton, FL. We are proud to provide each and every one of our clients with dependable bike assembly and repair services. We offer a wide range of high-quality services for bicycles, electric scooters, wheelchairs and more. You can count on us to provide you with exactly what you need. We pride ourselves on our technical skills and extreme attention to detail. To learn more about how the Bicycle Doctor can help you, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today!
Categorised in: Bike Repair
This post was written by Writer