Exercising and losing weight are among the most common new year’s resolutions out there, and for good reason—whether you are doing it for serious health reasons or just want to drop a pant size, most people could stand to lose a few pounds. But with all the fad diets and trendy workout regimens out there, it is difficult to know which weight loss method will be best for you.
Fortunately, cycling is that old-fashioned exercise method that really works—and that you can have fun while doing! Because biking isn’t solely about exercise, it is often more realistic to work it into your daily routine. And it also fits a wide variety of lifestyles and body types.
Read on to learn more about why cycling is a great exercise option for 2019, from the team at your bike repair service in Boca Raton, FL:
- Beyond exercise: Cycling is about so much more than getting a workout. It’s about enjoying the fresh air, feeling the wind in your hair, feeling the warm sun on your skin, bonding with friends and family and simply feeling more alive. Not bad for something that also helps you lose weight, right?
- For any size: The great thing about biking is that you do not have to already be super fit to enjoy it. You can find an easy, flat stretch of road and take things at your own pace. And it’s relatively easy on your joints, too!
- Socially oriented: Do you find it easier to keep your resolutions when friends or family members do them with you? Biking is a great activity to do with friends and family, but it’s also just as fun as a solo activity!
- Take it inside: On those days when it is too windy, rainy or snowy to go bike outdoors, you can head to your gym and use the exercise bike to keep up on the habit. You might even want to invest in one to use at home.
- Less or more: Biking is an activity you can do for 20 minutes, or all day long. On days when you have little to do, you can get a bunch of exercise time in for the week. On days when you’re slammed, even a 30-minute bike ride will help you unwind.
- Great for getting around: Are you sick of being stuck in traffic every morning on your way to work? If so, you might want to consider killing two birds with one stone and biking to work. Doing this even one day a week is a great decision for your health and sanity.
- Discover new places: If you want to switch things up, biking is a great way to explore new areas that you’ve never really looked at before. What gems can you find by biking in your own backyard?
Biking is a great way to improve your health, reduce stress and achieve your 2019 goals. If you need a new bike, or need repairs or a tune-up for your existing bike, Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls is here to help. We’re proud to be your local, independent bike repair service in Boca Raton, FL.
Categorised in: Bike Repair
This post was written by Writer