Everyone knows that exercise is good for you, but when you’re not feeling up for it, it can be a bit of a drag. Instead of dreading putting in those 30 minutes at the gym, why not jump on a bicycle to ensure you get a good workout while exploring the world around you and bringing some more fun to your daily life? And if health is the most important thing to you, consider this: most people think that biking is advantageous simply because it burns calories, but there are actually a range of health benefits linked to biking.
If the following benefits of bicycling don’t make you immediately research bike rentals in Boca Raton, FL, it would be a surprise:
- Heart health: Biking is an aerobic activity that forces the heart to work harder and thus strengthens your heart muscles. In fact, doing this exercise boosts good cholesterol that aids in cleaning out your arteries. According to the British Medical Association, biking for merely 20 minutes per week can cut down on coronary heart disease by 50 percent.
- More room in those jeans: As with other exercise, biking can be a great way to lose weight by helping you burn calories and build more muscle, particularly in your legs.
- Less stress: We can all agree that life is stressful, especially in this busy day and age. Biking is a great activity to let yourself unplug, leave behind your to-do lists or job worries and enjoy some time focusing on yourself. Biking helps you cut down on the production of the stress hormone called cortisol, and that’s part of the reason people like to burn off stress while sweating.
- More happy feelings: Riding a bike helps to release endorphins in your body, which are feel-good hormones that give you a natural boost. You might have heard of “runner’s high,” but this euphoria isn’t exclusive to running. It’s easy to achieve this feeling from a quick bike ride.
- Better sleep: Another key benefit of riding a bike is that it improves your sleep. It helps to tire you out and makes it easier to fall and stay asleep. Good sleep is an important part of health as well, as it protects against a lot of dangerous health conditions like stroke, heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.
These are just a few of the benefits that can come to you if you take advantage of bike rentals in Boca Raton, FL. Another advantage, as noted earlier, is that riding a bike is a blast!
Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls wants to bring the fun to you with some top-quality bike rentals. For over 40 years, Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls has served the local community by offering rentals of traditional and electronic bicycles, scooters and wheelchairs. On top of this, we are also happy to come to you for any repair services you might need for your ride. We have both the best skills and customer service in the field. Call us today to find out how we can serve you!
Categorised in: Bike Rental
This post was written by Writer