The Top Reasons You Should Bike to WorkDecember 21, 2019 10:23 pm Leave your thoughts
Biking to work in Boca Raton, FL can be a fun, fast and healthy way to commute, but many Americans opt for their car instead. If you’re on the fence about whether you should choose two wheels over four, let us give you some of our top reasons why biking to work can make your life better:
- Stay fit: Obviously, the top reason to bike to work is that it will help keep you in shape—especially if you have a sedentary office job.
- Come on, get happy: It’s not just that biking is fun (and it is). Getting fresh air, reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress and improving your sleep patterns are all excellent reasons for ditching the gas guzzler.
- Save some money: Speaking of gas guzzling, did you know that on average, it costs about $9,000 per year to own a car? In contrast, a bike can cost anywhere from $250 to $1,500 initially, and then about $60 to $200 per year in maintenance and accessory costs. Why not save at least $7,000? Not only will you reap personal savings, but it saves your community healthcare, environmental and infrastructure costs.
- Improve your brain power: Biking can make you smarter. Daily exercise not only improves overall brain performance, but it helps prevent cognitive decline and improves your memory skills. With that logic, maybe your employer should be paying you to bike to work!
- It’s convenient: How many times have you been stuck in traffic, wishing you could be anywhere else but the freeway? Biking to work allows you to bypass major traffic jams, save time and arrive at work a lot happier.
- Make a stand for safety: The more bikes on the road, the better the safety standards and protocol will be. Believe it or not, the more bikers there are in any given city, the fewer car and bike collisions there will be, because everyone will be more familiar with safe practices.
- Get to know your city in a different way: Finally, one huge benefit of biking to work is the freedom and flexibility to go wherever you want, whenever you want, without having to find parking. All you need to do is find somewhere to chain up your bike, and you can live a far more spontaneous, adventurous life.
The Bicycle Doctor makes house calls
Whether you’re stuck trying to assemble a brand-new bike or your existing bike needs a little TLC to maintain its best functionality, Bicycle Doctor House Calls is here to help. Our shop has more than four decades of hands-on experience with bikes of all types and brands, and we’re confident we can get your bike back on track so you can bike to work in Boca Raton, FL every day. Whether it’s a brake replacement or gear repair, tire realignment or frame repairs, we have the knowledge, resources and technical capabilities to restore your bike to its truest form and function. Call us today for more information about how we can help you. We look forward to serving you soon!
Categorised in: Benefits of Cycling
This post was written by Writer