When the first velocipedes hit the streets in the early 19th century, few people thought these contraptions would create any sort of lasting impact. Over two centuries later, bicycling is one of the most popular outdoor recreation activities in the world. Not only is riding a bike tons of fun, but cycling in Boca Raton, FL has numerous benefits to your overall health and wellbeing.
Why you should be going on more bike rides
We think cycling in Boca Raton, FL is the best. Whether we’re cruising a trail or commuting somewhere, we can’t get enough when it comes to riding our bicycles. Not only is this method of transportation environmentally friendly, inexpensive and exhilarating, it also provides so many health benefits:
- Accessible for anyone: Every person on this planet requires a method for exercising. Children as young as five years old can enjoy the fun of riding a bike. Whether you need the support of training wheels or the stability of a stationary model, bicycling is an exercise option for almost everyone.
- Weight loss and management: Since riding a bike is a form of exercise, many people use their most beloved hobby as a way to drop some extra pounds or maintain their physique.
- Lower body strength: Effectively strengthening your legs without overstressing these muscles can be tricky. Fortunately, your calves, glutes, hamstrings and quads get a thorough workout from a nice ride on your bike.
- Low-impact workout: Those suffering from joint or muscle conditions along with people recovering from injuries struggle with finding a healthy workout routine that does not exacerbate their issues. Riding a bike is a much gentler form of exercise, and ideal for these individuals.
- Increased core strength: The physical act of keeping a bike upright and moving forward requires quite a bit of core strength. Both your back and abdominals get a serious workout when you go on a bike ride. Strong core muscles help you better support your spine, which serves to improve your balance, stability, coordination and posture, both on and off your bicycle.
- Prevent dangerous conditions: Study after study shows that a sedentary lifestyle is directly related to problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Getting out there and riding your bike a few times each week significantly lowers your chances of experiencing these potentially life-threatening diagnoses.
- Better mental health: Your body releases endorphins when you exercise to help you relax and unwind. When you take a ride on your bicycle, you are focused on the road, the people around you and your surroundings. This allows your mind to take a rest from the stress and anxiety of everyday life.
Staying safe while cycling in Boca Raton, FL is important if you want to reap all of the benefits of this carefree exercise method. From helmets to lights and mirrors, you will want to purchase high-quality bike gear and accessories designed to keep you out of harm’s way. Regular bike maintenance is also a crucial component of bike safety.
From accessories to tune ups, Bicycle Doctor House Calls stocks everything you need and offers all the services your bike requires. Get in touch with us today to discuss any questions you have about bicycling throughout Palm Beach County.
Categorised in: Benefits of Cycling
This post was written by Writer