Five Reasons to Take Up Cycling in the FallSeptember 14, 2020 5:58 pm Leave your thoughts
This past summer has been one unlike any other in recent memory, thanks to the strange times we live in, but life moves on in many ways. The nights are starting to get a little bit cooler, and even baseball playoff season is fast approaching. It’s no secret that fall is right around the corner, and it’s one of our favorite seasons.
Biking in fall in Boca Raton, FL is one of the most enjoyable activities around, and it gives people the chance to partake in this wonderful activity in weather that seems tailor-made for it. The benefits of fall biking are diverse and numerous, and we think it’s one of the best-kept secrets in our industry. Here’s why:
- Perfect conditions: Florida gets hot and muggy—these are hardly breaking news items for anyone reading this, but it’s still important to note because things do start to calm down a bit around here in the fall. When the weather gets a little cooler and dryer, it can be a great time to take up a recreational activity that’s often pretty strenuous.
- Helps deal with shorter days: Many of our customers at Bicycle Doctor House Calls talk about how the shorter days of fall and winter can really give their morale a hit, and there’s absolutely science to back up this assertion. Biking in fall in Boca Raton, FL gives you the fresh air and sunlight to help fight off the fall and winter blues.
- Grab some new gear: Cooler temperatures mean that you’ll likely need some new equipment to stay warm, which can give you a great excuse to do some shopping and see what’s available out there for cyclists.
- Stay fit year-round: Being in shape should never just be a seasonal thing. A lot of our customers tell us that they think of spring and summer as the prime exercise times, but your biking regimen does not have to be limited to these seasons. Exercising regularly, regardless of what the calendar says, is one of the keys to healthy living, and biking in fall in Boca Raton, FL is a wonderful way to get out there and stay active.
- Have the trails to yourself: One thing about people not exercising as much when the weather cools down is that those of us who do get outside get some special treats—like empty trails and bike lanes! This fall, try being one of the hardy types who doesn’t let the weather block their enjoyment of an activity that is so good for the mind and body.
If biking in the fall sounds like the right move for you, let us be your guide. Even if you’re new to the sport, come see what Bicycle Doctor House Calls has for rentals or refurbished bikes for purchase. We’ve been in the bike industry for almost five decades now, and we know by now that weather and the seasons should never be reasons not to hop on a bike and go for a ride around town or in the park. Let us know how we can help you get the most out of your fall biking plans!
Categorised in: Benefits of Cycling
This post was written by Writer