Does your new year’s resolution involve biking to become healthier? Or perhaps you just are in need of a new bike, or want to take up the hobby? Whatever the reason, if you are looking to buy a new bike, you probably know that you have many options when it comes to where you will buy your new bicycle.
If you are not a serious rider or have not biked much before, then you might be considering buying a cheap bike from a big box store, rather than investing in a high-quality bike from an independent bike repair shop in Boca Raton, FL. And that’s understandable—we could all stand to save a few bucks every now and then!
But once you learn a bit more about the drawbacks to buying a bike from a big box store, chances are you will understand why it’s a better idea to go with a brand and a bike shop you can trust. With that in mind, here are five reasons to avoid poorly assembled bikes and purchase your new bicycle from a bike repair shop in Boca Raton, FL:
- Shoddy assembly: Those bikes they sell at big box stores might have a cheaper price tag, but behind that lower price is the possibility of sloppy assembly, subpar parts and a generally inferior product. Biking is a generally safe activity, but only if you are using the right equipment. Don’t sacrifice your safety and comfort to save a few dollars!
- Unhelpful service: When you go to a store that sells TVs, groceries, clothing and bikes, chances are the sales people are not going to be particularly knowledgeable about bikes. Even if they want to help—and employees at big box stores sometimes do not seem to care much about individual customers—they probably won’t have the expertise to find the right bike for you.
- No cost benefit: Big box stores are probably a bit more expensive than you would assume, and you can actually find some quality bikes for less than you’d think—especially if you choose to buy used. And when you add in the fact that a quality bike will probably last much longer than a cheap one, you can see that there isn’t much cost benefit in buying a cheap bike.
- Sizing issues: When it comes to bicycles, one size simply does not fit all! Make sure you find a bike that fits your body by shopping at a reputable, high-quality bike shop, rather than an impersonal big box store.
- Poor warranty: Finally, it is worth taking into account the fact that most big box stores do not offer very comprehensive warranties when you purchase a bike. This is another reason why you probably won’t save money in the long run when buying a cheap bike.
Here at Bicycle Doctor Inc. – House Calls, we are proud to sell, rent and repair high quality bikes from the top brands in the business. If you are in need of a new bike, or are interested in repairs or renting, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our bike repair shop in Boca Raton, FL today. Happy biking!
This post was written by Writer